The AECT owns 75.4% of Vector, meaning your Trust’s investment is worth approx $2.1 billion – a major asset in anyone’s books!
Vector Ltd is New Zealand’s leading network company. As well as owning and operating power line networks in Auckland, North Shore, Waitakere and Manukau City, Vector owns communication and gas networks (including ownership of NGC Holdings Ltd) and tree maintenance company Treescape.
Under AECT ownership, Vector has grown from a local power lines company to become one of New Zealand’s most innovative energy and network companies, investing in leading-edge technologies including smart metering, fibre optics and wind power. Vector operations include:
- Owning and operating power lines in Auckland, Manukau, North Shore, Waitakere and parts of Papakura
- Natural gas distribution to major North Island centres and 40 smaller towns and cities
- Gas processing facilities in Kapuni (South Taranaki)
- Electricity metering to over 800,000 homes and businesses; gas metering to over 75,000 customers.
- 22.11% ownership of NZ Windfarms
- Utilities sector training company Utilitech
Click here to go to the Vector website and find out more about Vector.